Party Recipe - Honey Chicken Skewers
Author: Tay Date Posted:16 December 2021
Skewers are easy, impressive, and make for a great option for feeding your guests. Throw a few on the barbie this holiday! We created a quick and easy recipe for you to impress your guests in under 30-minutes!
For the skewers
- 400g of chicken breast
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 2 Lebanese cucumber
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- Mix all the marinade together in a small bowl.
Tools used - Academy Byron Enamel Prep Bowl Medium 800ml
- Chop the chicken breast into bite-size. Place the chicken in a larger bowl and pour 2/3 of the marinade in. Cover with beeswax wrap (or plastic wrap) and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours (you can do this step up to a day ahead).
Tools used - chopping board, Tri-Peeler, knife (the JJ Santoku Knife 12.5cm is sold out already so I tagged chef's knife instead) - all from Joseph Joseph
- Peel, slice and chop all vegetables into large chunks. (welcome to use fresh mushrooms and cherry tomatoes as well!)
When you're ready to cook, heat your BBQ until it's very hot (oven can do the work too, 180% fan-forced, 20 mins)
Tools used - Maverick Australian Flag BBQ Skewer Set of 6
- Drain marinade from the chicken and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers on the BBQ or oven, and cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Tools used - CrushGrind Torino Black Salt/Pepper/Spice Mill Ceramic Mechanism
- Place the skewers on a serving plate. Sprinkle with pepper and any herbs you like. Perfectly matched with a summer salad or potatoes to serve.